Home Maintenance Tips
Our house is the reflection of our personality. In our fast busy life, we tend to overlook the home care. Daily chores like cleaning, washing and cooking, etc. leaves you with no time to think about the maintenance your house demands. However, we need to make sure that we keep our home well maintained. So, here are some ways that should be followed periodically.
- If you are maintaining an air conditioner in your house then you need to clean it on periodic basis so as to avoid dust in your house and to boost the performance of the air conditioner.
- Since every house has a set of furniture in the living room and even in the bed room hence, you need to clean them on daily basis and polish them after every two years so as to maintain their shine for a longer time period. Also, there are many good quality wood cleaning liquids and wax for daily cleaning purpose.
- Flooring also needs regular cleaning as dirt will damage your floor and carpets after some time. Floors must be mopped on a regular basis. Dirt accumulated in the carpets will damage the fiber. So, try preventing dust from coming in the house using floor mats, etc. You can also use vacuum cleaners to clean carpets and rugs.
- You spend most of your time in the kitchen. If you have a heating system and chimney in the kitchen, try to clean it every few months. You also need to clean all the containers and utensils used in the kitchen as the cooking area releases lots of gases and dust which can accumulate on the things kept in the kitchen.
- Another important area in the house is the bathroom. Since you also welcome your guests in your house, you need to keep your bathroom clean and up to date. Pay attention to basin, toilet seat, flooring and wall tiles too. It must be cleaned with proper cleaning liquids.
- Some people use geysers only in winters and some people use it round the year so, depending on the frequency of usage, you must try to maintain it. If you are using it just in winters then, your geyser might get rust or stop working if you open it after several months. So, to keep your geyser in good condition, you need to consider checking and repairing it on periodic basis.
- If you think that painting and repairing of your house is important only when the paint starts getting off the walls, think again. Painting is an important aspect of maintaining your house. Periodic painting will not just make your house look new but will also encourage you to clean every corner of the house. This will help in spreading positivity in your house.
- If you love to maintain the garden of your house then, you must not leave it to the gardener only. You must check that the gardener is taking proper care of your garden and using pesticides and other measures for healthy growth of the plants. This will help in maintaining and healthy and green environment around your house.
- The interiors and exteriors of your house will look great only if you maintain it. So, keep doing the necessary steps.